Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|09-23-2009, 12:56||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2002
Thanks Meter: 8
LG GW520 Firmware Update Guide (DEBRAND)
Firmware Update Guide Gw520 (Google translated)
First of all some recommendations:
- Make a backup of everything that's in the phone before flashing the firmware, you never know you could lose all or a range of data heading
- As a precaution I have run all these steps without a SIM and microSD inserted, even advice you to do it (should not happen at all if not removed, but you never know)
- The battery must be inserted and also sufficiently charged when you upgrade the firmware, I believe at least two notches (of this I'm not sure, but I saw that the program checks the battery level before making the flash firmware)
- When you changed the firmware, DO NOT start the flash update the firmware for the LG normally otherwise you call that of tim!. Once you have changed the firmware, when you upgrade you have to use the method described in this guide.
- I do not assume any responsibility in case of problems
- Msn is only in the firmware of Tim, so do not put no brand if you want to keep messenger.
And let's start with the change of fw:
1) Download the utilities necessary to change the firmware: DOWNLOAD (mirror)
2) Extract the archive downloaded from megaupload so you have the files with utilities ready
3) Double-click on file B2CAppSetup.exe to install the utility of flash firmware lg (if at the end of the installation process you open the program window, close it) and extract the archive LGUSBModemDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver_4.9.4_NP_IFXG1. 0.0.6 (2).zip to a folder you like. Once we have extracted the file for installing drivers usb modem and a folder FlashUsb with the drivers for the flash via USB.
4) Install both of these drivers (just double-clicking on the executable).
5) Now extract the archive to a folder Lg-utils.zip at will, and extract the contents of LgDll.rar into the same folder where we extracted Lg-utils in order to overwrite two dll and LGMobileDL.dll LGMUpgradeDL.dll. WARNING: if not overwrite two dll, the process of installing the firmware will not start, so be sure to do so.
Now, take stock of the situation. We installed the modem driver, flash, flash dell'LG utility, extract the utility Lg-utils and overwritten the dll. If we did everything, we are ready to make the change of the firmware, then:
6) Move the firmware file in C:\ (this is done only for convenience)
7) Plug the phone with the provided cable and PC Suite how shall we say
8a) Wait until you start the PC Suite and tell us which identified the phone (in our case GW520) and shortened to an icon
8b) We initiate the file KP500-utils-EN.exe
9) At this point you open a DOS window with
the options. We write in order:
- I [Enter]
- GW520 [Enter]
- C:\V10A_02.kdz (or the name of the firmware file you downloaded you, including path) [Enter]
- V10A_02 (or the name of the file you downloaded you without the Extension. KDZ) [enter]
10) At this point you should open the program window to update the firmware lg (in verbose mode ). Let's have coffee, a cigarette fumiamoci pending flash fw and once finished we should have on our phone firmware you want (you not see right away if you changed the fw as not seeing the launch of TIM). I beg you, when you do this ABSOLUTELY NOT SPARE phone from the PC and can not do anything during the operation of flash, even looking at the time.
11) Enjoy your Intouch with the desired firmware
Thanks to "ThE_XaD" for the guide
Firmware list links
link Firmware version V10A Europe:DOWNLOAD (mirror)
link Firmware Version Europe V10C:DOWNLOAD (mirror)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gilipollas For This Useful Post:
|01-28-2010, 09:59||#7 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2010
Thanks Meter: 0
Can this utility be used to unlock the gw520? I know it can unlock the kp500 but does anyone have the know to work it to unlock the gw520?
Have tested and works well as a flasher. I think V10C is the newer European version, although V10A is the bigger file.
|11-07-2010, 21:55||#9 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2010
Thanks Meter: 0
hi i done all the things in the instructions and all the branding of 3 UK (What the phone originally had) but it hasnt unlocked it still can only take 3 UK sim cards can anyone please help me out did i do something wrong?
thanks in advance
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Need step by step guide for flashing lg gw520||Shohel_sst||LG||4||10-04-2010 08:33|
|New LG GW520 Please add||pearsonjohnboy||FuriousGold | Powered by FuriousTeam||9||09-20-2009 17:16|
|I need LG GW520 (LG intouch) firmaware NOBRAND||MissAngel||LG||4||09-13-2009 02:38|
|Lg ***** Firmware Update||Mr.Murda Mo||LG||0||03-28-2008 00:16|
|Lg Cu500 Firmware Update Help||joesimm||LG||0||02-06-2007 05:04|