Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .
|Android based Phones / Tablets For all of your questions relating to the android mobile phones.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|07-28-2011, 17:01||#4 (permalink)|
No Life Poster
Join Date: Jun 2008
Thanks Meter: 608
How to upgrade the Android 2.1 (Eclair) to 2.2 (Froyo) on a Dell XCD28:
Warning: Attempt at your own risk, although the method is fully tested but there can be unexpected results if you fail to follow the instructions properly.
1. In terms of hardware Dell XCD28 is none other but ZTE Racer and all ROMs available for a racer work on XCD28.
2. All your data shall be erased in the process. Contacts can be exported to SD card and after up gradation you can import them back to your phone from sd card.
3. recoverysu850 -
4. 2.2 Froyo ROM and Update
1. Export all your contacts to SD card. Open contacts----Select Menu----Select Import/Export----Select Export to SD card (if prompted to choose contacts from a list the select all by clicking on menu and then click done).
2. Note down the IMEI no. of your phone by removing the battery or by dialing *#06# on your phone.
3. Connect your xcd28 to computer and open you sd card. Now create a new folder, name it as Androroot and copy all the downloaded files to it.
4. Disconnect you xcd28 from computer.
5. Open Filer on phone and open the folder Androroot.
6. Install UniversalAndroot_1.6.1 and open it.
7. Click on Root
8. Once rooting is complete.
9. Go back to androroot and install recovery manager and open it.
10. Provide superuser rights by clicking on allow.
11. Click on recovery and further install recovery.
12. Select the image file on recovery install popup and then confirm by clicking on OK.
13. Click on Reboot in recovery and confirm by clicking OK.
14. Phone will restart in recovery mode.
15. In this mode you can navigate in the menu list by using only volume increase/decrease keys and select a menu by pressing the power on/off button. Touch screen input is not operational in recovery mode.
16. Press these keys in sequence – volume decrease key—volume increase key--- volume decrease key. You’ll see a message on screen Back menu button enable (this enables your power button for selecting a menu option). Note: If you press volume increase—volume decrease—volume increase then it will disable the power button (back menu button).
17. Go to backup and restore option by pressing volume increase key and select by pressing the power button.
18. Select backup by pressing the power button.
19. This will backup your original phone configuration to sd card. The backup is stored in /clockworkmod/backup folder on SD card. This backup can be used to restore back to original firmware if you face any issue with the upgrade.
20. Once you see the backup complete option on your phone screen, navigate to wipe data/factory re option by using the volume keys and select it by pressing the power button.
21. Navigate to Yes – delete all u and select it by pressing power button.
22. When you see Data wipe complete on your screen, navigate to choose zip from sd card and select by pressing power button.
23. Navigate to androroot folder and select by pressing power button.
24. Select Android 2.2.zip using power button.
25. Navigate to Yes-Install Android and press power button.
26. Wait while android is being installed.
27. Once you see the message Install from SD card complete then repeat from step no. 22 but this time select the file update.zip in the androroot folder.
28. Once this installation is complete select go back and then select reboot system now.
29. Phone restarts in Android Froyo. At first boot it may take upto 5-10 mins.
30. If at first start you find your phone is in locked mode, not to worry we can unlock it for free.
31. Visit the site – Free Instant Unlock Codes for Alcatel, Huawei Modems & ZTE Mobile Phones on your computer. Enter your IMEI (noted in step 2), then select the service as ZTE and select ZTE racer in Models. Then fill in the verification code as displayed on the screen and click on order.
|03-23-2012, 08:36||#6 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2009
Thanks Meter: 8
Dell XCD 28 hangs on logo
can someone please tell me how to hard reset or flash it
press power button and down volume key u will get a menu and choose wipe userdata and restore factory settings with the help of volume keys press on off switch to ok u r phone will restart wait for five minuts ur problem is solve i did it 100%working.
Last edited by ..::Nokian CareŽ::..; 09-11-2013 at 21:13. Reason: Email removed
|06-22-2012, 11:48||#7 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2012
Thanks Meter: 0
Dell XCD 28 stuck on Dell Logo / FTM screen
When I switch on my XCD28, it hangs on the Dell logo screen. When i press power button and down volume key (as suggested on the forum), it gets stuck on FTM white screen.
|07-05-2012, 03:54||#8 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2009
Thanks Meter: 15
|10-19-2012, 18:33||#11 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2008
Thanks Meter: 10
Dell model XCD28 pattern lock removed with the help of rickywyatt solution here is the procedure
if phone will go only in Boot Mode and not going in Recovery+ Hard Rest Mode Than it will work Possible it will work other Huawei Andriod sets (:
first thing if you want downloaded recovery then do so
* download this rickywyatt.rar (rickywyatt.rar) rickywyatt.rar
* ok take out the battery and wait 5 secs then put it back in the press the vol + and the power button it should boot only to the green android logo and the red light stays on
* extract it to your c:\ then install the drives if needed then click install-recovery-windows.bat once done the fone will reboot
* switch phone off the hold the vol- button and press the power button it will boot into recovery
* in recovery click wipe data/factory reset
* click apply sdcard:update.zip
* once complete click reboot system now
|03-11-2013, 13:30||#13 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Thanks Meter: 131
Thanks in advance.
|04-16-2013, 12:22||#14 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2008
Location: india / Tamil nadu
Thanks Meter: 69
the phone will be detect in command mode
after executed some commands the command window will close
the press volume - and power button
now you will get recovery mode
select wipe data (for selection use menu button ) select yes
thanks who gave me the solution ...
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|My 5110 v5.11 have a strange error.., it resets it self every 60second||luuk||Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 ,2 ,3 ,L )||24||08-11-2006 15:29|
|nokia 5110 v5.28||stefan||Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 ,2 ,3 ,L )||58||08-14-2000 09:32|
|Websites with New Unlocking Software Supposedly for v5.28 - 5.30||Fahrenheit||Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 ,2 ,3 ,L )||0||05-17-2000 14:35|
|nokia 5110 v5.28||king76||Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 ,2 ,3 ,L )||3||05-07-2000 17:10|
|Anything new on Nokia 5.28?||mona||Nokia Legacy Phones ( DCT-1 ,2 ,3 ,L )||4||04-29-2000 08:04|